To the Next Right Step and Otter Creek Church communities,
Tommy Daniel asked me to write a short letter to you before I take off on the “ next right step” of my life’s journey — a whirlwind month to Washington state, St. Petersburg, Russia, New York City and then to you in Nashville, November 13-17. For 35 years I have had the amazing privilege of working as a private practice counselor, of having my heart broken by the choices of my alcoholic son, and of founding and directing a faith-based recovery and restoration ministry, LifePath, through Salem Alliance Church in Oregon. I’ve been “fortunate enough” to be led to situations I could not control, I could not fix, or even understand. By the grace of God these experiences have changed who I am. I believe they have helped me grasp – at least some of – the heart and soul it takes for broken people to walk into wholeness. I’m eager to share my story and what I believe God is teaching me!
I hope you will set aside time to be with us if:
- You are a person who finds yourself tired of pretense and posturing,
- You are looking for emotional and spiritual healing,
- You want to be a part of an authentic, rigorously honest community finding light in our darkened world,
- You believe our hurting world needs hope and healing,
- You might be ready, or wondering how, to be a spiritual friend to help broken people walk into wholeness, or
- You are already a part of Next Right Step and know it’s a good place for you!
I’m grateful for the invitation to get to see Next Right Step in action, to meet and talk with you, to hear your hopes and dreams, to attend Otter Creek CC, and to give whatever I can give to help you and Next Right Step determine your “next right step” in Nashville. See you soon!
A grateful, fellow traveler on life’s bumpy road,